Gites in Grand Vabre, a small village 5 km from Conques
In the Aveyron, 5 km from Conques, in the Lot valley, at the junction of 2 regions (Midi-Pyrénées and Auvergne) and 3 departments (Aveyron, Lot and Cantal), our gites in Grand Vabre welcome you in a village whose hilly green setting is rich in unspoiled nature.
Riches to be discovered in all ways
By staying in our cottages in Grand Vabre near Conques, you can discover its riches by hiking (100 km of marked trails), on foot, with a donkey or mountain bike, canoeing, swimming or organizing a fishing trip...
A rich architectural heritage
From our cottages in Grand Vabre near Conques (“Les 3 Tilleuls” for 8 to 10 people and “Le Saule Pleureur” for 4 to 5 people), you will also let yourself be seduced by the diversified architectural heritage of Grand Vabre:
- The pre-Romanesque chapel of Monedies : it is accessible from the village by a hiking trail. In ruins, this pre-Romanesque building was restored from the 1990s onwards at the initiative of the "Culture and Heritage" association with the assistance of the municipality of Grand Vabre (Aveyron ). The exterior rehabilitation was completed in September 2009.
- The Chapel of Our Lady of the Nativity (or Dadon) : located on the village square. It was, according to oral tradition, the primitive church of Grand Vabre, and dates back to the 6th or even the 5th century. According to the "Chronology of the Abbots of Conques", Father Dadon is buried there.
- The 15th century Saint Pierre church : one of its original features is that it has kept the republican motto "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" on its facade wall.
- The picturesque and flowery hamlet of La Vinzelle : its steep streets dominate the Lot Valley. You absolutely must see the Saint-Clair Fountain, the curious bell tower separated from the church and its formidable Campana Bella (bell). If you wish, you can discover the Vinzelle by taking the hike of the same name.
- The Saint Roch chapel : located on the heights of Roucan from where there is a very beautiful view of Grand Vabre, it was built in 1885. It is dedicated to Saint Roch, venerated as the protector of animals and cultures.
You can also share authentic and local Aveyron gastronomy in a friendly atmosphere (“Chez Marie” restaurant, Peyral inn, “Les rives du Lot” peasant brasserie, Solomiac hotel), and of course set off to discover the other treasures of Aveyron’s heritage. .
Shops and services
Finally, shops and services will make your stay in our lodgings practical, with the grocery store, the post office, the tobacconist or the service station garage...