Swimming, fishing and canoeing
Gite for swimming, a rich and diversified offer
Among many other leisure activities, Aveyron offers many possibilities for water sports, thanks to a diversified natural heritage of rivers and artificial lakes. You will thus benefit, during your stay in our gite for bathing “Les 3 Tilleuls” and in our gite for bathing “Le Saule Pleureur” near Conques, from beaches equipped with supervised swimming, rentals of pedal boats or canoes, the edges of lakes or rivers with games for children or picnic areas…
Swimming in the river or lake
- Saint Projet de Cassaniouze near the Pont restaurant (9 km from the gîtes): unsupervised.
- The Port at Vieillevie (17 km from the gîtes): unsupervised.
- Pré des étangs in Cassaniouze (19 km from the gîtes): supervised swimming (July and August), animals accepted, showers, toilets, lifeguard station.
- Lac de l'Estanquiol in Calvinet (21 km from the gîtes): supervised swimming (July and August), animals prohibited, toilets, lifeguard station.
Please note : swimming in unsupervised areas is at your own risk.
Developed bodies of water – Family leisure bases
- Port de Lacombe leisure center in Flagnac (12 km from the gîtes): canoe and pedalo hire, aquatic area (swimming pool, slide), rosalies and mountain bike hire: 05 65 64 10 08.
- Le Roquelongue campsite leisure base in Boisse Penchot (20 km from the gîtes): canoe/pedalboat/fishing boat/Oxoon motorboat hire, access to heated swimming pool, tennis, table tennis: 05 65 63 39 67.
- "Les Rives du Lot" leisure center in Livinhac le Haut (19 km from the gîtes): canoe / pedalo / electric boat / bicycle rental, supervised bathing area along the Lot in July and August from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Swimming pool at the "Le port de Lacombe" campsite in Flagnac (12 km from the gîtes), open to all with water slides.
- Saint-Cyprien swimming pool (13 km from the gîtes): 25 m heated swimming pool, lawned beach, paddling pool, snack bar, swimming lessons, aquagym, beach volleyball. Open daily from June to August 31. 05 65 72 84 08 or 05 65 72 80 59.
Canoes and kayaks
Family river par excellence, the Lot allows descents through sumptuous and diversified landscapes. You can rent canoes and kayaks from ASV’OLT: 3-seater canoes, 2-seater and open kayaks. By reservation.
- Grand-Vabre base (5 km from the cottages) – 12320 Grand-Vabre (July/August): 05 65 69 84 24
- Base du Por t – 15120 Vieillevie (all year): 04 71 49 95 81
- Entraygues base – 12140 Entraygues (July/August): 05 65 44 54 90
Located at the confluence of two rivers, the Lot and the Dourdou , our lodgings are the ideal starting point for fishermen who wish to indulge their passion in an authentic green setting. Upstream from Grand-Vabre, the Lot is still a wild river. The variations in its flow, due to the many dams located on its course, favor the activity of trout. Downstream, the Lot turns into a lowland river rich in white fish which makes it a popular hunting ground for zander, pike and other perch. The Dourdou, whose confluence with the Lot is at Grand-Vabre, is home to a population of minnows and gudgeons. A "youth fishing course" has been created in Grand-Vabre, over 800 meters, between the Miquel bridge and the confluence with the Lot, and a fishing pontoon accessible to disabled people has been set up at the Pélies.
So do not hesitate to rent a cottage for swimming, fishing and canoeing in Aveyron!